Saturday, December 26, 2009

Dumb question about cutting coupons...?

Ok so...I think I want to start cutting coupons to save some money on grocery bills, I've heard you can save alot. But, ok this is sooo dumb but...where do you get coupons? I see those coupon books in stores but they don't seem to have alot in them. My family never had to cut coupons so I don't know, now I'm a college student and out on my own, and would like to save some money up.Dumb question about cutting coupons...?
-Sunday newspapers (check out different ones because I know that some around here have 0 coupons and others have tons)


-Store ads, depending on the store, some will be mailed to your apartment while others you'll have to go and get at the store or look online at the stores site (if possible)


-Library, my local library does a coupon exchange... search around for something like that in your area (or even in your school)


-Online, probably the best way to get coupons. You will need a printer, but there are tons of sites dedicated to coupons, exchanging coupons, etc. Just search around! :)Dumb question about cutting coupons...?
Cutting coupons can save you a lot of money but you also have to know your prices. When my wife and I go food shopping, we usually save about 50%.Also don't buy something just because it's on sale if you're not going to use it.
Try sunday paper or go to your local charity store. They will let you know where the best place to get them. Good Luck.
There are a lot of coupons and sale ads in the Sunday newspaper. You can also get them right at most grocery stores. Ever walk down the aisle and see those little red machines and pull the coupon out of them? A lot of foods have coupons to get money off the next time you purchase that item. Hope this helps :)
The problem with coupons is you have to take the time to collect them, organize them (set up a file system by category), and sort thru them. I gave up on couponing long ago. Just too much time and not enough reward.





Sure there are lots of coupons that look good and some stores double coupons (at least they use to) but it's mostly high priced name brands that I simply didn't use. 75 cents off on two boxes of Kellog cereal sounds good. But Kellog cereal is about $4 per box while the store brand is only $2.





Basically you will save more money by buying store brands and watching for sales.





Another way to save on groceries, is to create menus for the week based on sale items in the grocery ads. Make a list and ONLY buy what is on the list. Stores are set up to tempt you into impulse purchasing. That's where you run up your bill.
The sunday paper. But clipping coupons is only one way to save money reduce your debit.


Below is a book about a family of 7 living on $35,000 per year.


Also read, ';Your Money or Your Life'; about being financially independent. If you pay off all your debts you make yourself ressession proof.
The newspaper.....Your local Sunday paper will have them in the ads section
I think it's great that you want to save money by using coupons but make sure to watch that you're not buying foods that are more expensive just because you have a coupon for them.





Many times a name brand food will cost more even with using a coupon than a store brand, even though they are comparable in quality.
In newspapers, usually Wednesday and Sunday. You can also use the ads you see in the stores. Stick a scissors in your purse and that way you can cut them as you shop. I don't think your question is dumb.
I get mine in our Sunday paper and occasionally in magazines. They save you money but be careful to use only the ones for products you would normally buy. Sometimes a coupon for a similar item will still cost you more than the item you usually purchase.
The Sunday papers are full of them.
You aren't dumb for asking this question. How are you going to find out if you don't ask? Sunday newspapers are loaded with coupons. I used to use them all of the time when my boys were small. There were times when I'd save $30 or more per week. Also, look for stores that offer double or triple coupon value when you shop with them. They will advertise in their flyers about this. Some times there are coupon clubs. That is when you can swap and trade coupons that you won't use for ones that you can use. I don't know if they are very popular these days or not tho. Go into store web sites. Some times they have deals that aren't advertised in their flyer. I stumbled upon this when I went into a stores web site. I have seen web sites that claim to offer coupons for your use, but, I have never checked any out.





Well, that's all I can think of for right now. I hope this helps!
Your local sunday paper has coupon inserts from Smartsource and Valassis. You can also find printable coupons on most manufacturer's websites. Hope this helps!
  • revlon india
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment